Monday, June 21, 2010

Those cheeky bunnies, yard and garden update

Just a little update on what's going on around the back yard. I hope to take a picture each week of my big flower bed, so you can see the progress. We have such a short summer season and it's amazing really how quickly the plants and flowers grow!


The little chair I was hunting for and found last week, is now placed in the flowerbed, along with the old kiddies; wheelbarrow and a few other favorites.
I went back to the greenhouse and bought MORE flowers to transplant, the bunnies ate all the petunias and pansies that were in the flowerbed! I will miss those favorites this year, and hopefully the marigolds, dianthus, portulaca and zinnias I picked up and planted will give me the splashes of color that I want.

Look carefully at the above picture......you can click to enlarge.....just above left of the wheelbarrow....
caught in the act!!!!!! bent over who knows what floral delicacy!
......little bugger!.......I had just chased him away  5 minutes before and he headed for the bush!
Now he's following the sign.......to the GARDEN......
Check and see if the coast is clear.......
..........he's just waiting to get at what's left of that lettuce.......cheeky bunny!...and there was another one in the garden at that point too that scurried off when I was approaching!
We've had so much rain, the mosquitoes are getting really b-a-d......! I wish the rabbits would change their diet and eat the mosquitoes!

10 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Yarrrrrrrrr Lucy you need one of those annoying bike honkers you squeeze to make a heck of a racket....That'll scare the life out of that pesky little lettuce muncher....!!

I LOVE your cement swan planters....They remind me of my grandmothers house many many moons ago....I look for them when I'm out in the HR but you know, in 10 years I have NEVER found even a broken one....It was nice to see yours though.... :o) !!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Lucy - By the Hill said...

hey there Tamarah.....the swans are of the plastic variety, they look pretty good though. Got them at a garage sale but I think you can still buy them.
There's a cement urn in the background in one of the pics. Lugged that home from a garage sale too. Love those old cement pieces!

Chris Arlington said...

BE nice to them1 One of them might be the Easter Bunny!

Maureen said...

Oh your garden is so pretty and inviting, you can hardly blame the cheeky bunny for wanting to visit. :)

Cathy said...

Love it all...everything is so green and lush! I know the bunny can cause some damage to the garden, but he is sure darn cute! Here in Texas, we are burning up and it is getting hard to keep all of our plants watered enough...we NEED some of your rain!! Cathy aka Girls Gone Junkin

peggy gatto said...

we have bunnies too!
I would love to sit in your garden!!!!
I hope you keep posting pictures of it!
Thanks for coming by and leaving such nice comments!
I DO appreciate it!!

Ticking and Toile said...

Hungry bunny huh?? too funny ~ maybe it won't like marigolds & zinnias! I love zinnias. I think they are the easiest annual to grow!

Thanks so much for coming by & encouraging me :) I so appreciate everyone's comments & support!

xo,
Shellagh

Susan HP said...

I wish I had a bunny! And I definitely have garden envy...gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

how lovely green enchantment !

Anonymous said...

Ohhh i love those bunnies and your garden is so lovely, what a wonderful place to spend time in
have a lovely day
hugs June xxxxx