Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finds! 1919 Diary!!


My best find this weekend was this 1919 diary written by a 16 year old girl! I've been reading it and it seems that things haven't changed all that much for a 16 year old! Lots of  entries on school, parties, boys, etc. I was really quite surprised at the social life of a 16 year old in those days! There was something going on all the time! She seemed to be quite popular and belonged to alot of clubs as well. It's a really good read!



A few linen goodies I picked up as well. They will need some work at stain and spot removal...yuk!

This nice crochet tablecloth has what look like old coffee stains! Hope they come out!.........


2 comments:

VS said...

I LOVE finding treasures...& the diary is a GREAT FIND! It's so fun to sneek a peek into someone elses life in an era different then ours. The simple joys, right!

Lucy - By the Hill said...

I'm really being enlightened by this diary re life of a teenager 1919! Thanks for your comment Susie!