Sunday, September 27, 2009

Audrey Hepburn for Sweet Sixteen


I gave these Audrey Hepburn altered dominoes and rummy tiles that I made to Marilyn's grandaughter at her Sweet Sixteen birthday party last night!  The other one just happened to be in the picture. I made them especially for her as Audrey is very popular these days it seems with teenage girls and she's crazy about her right now! We were asked to wear black and white and most complied. She got a few Audrey related gifts that made her very happy.The adults left early so the kids could carry on with their own fun! Lots of fun visiting with everyone! The birthday cake was a Hepburn style hat! What fun!!



6 comments:

VS said...

What a fun idea for a party & I love your Audrey dominos!!!! Thanks for stopping by & for your sweet comment. Is it starting to get cold there??? So Cal is in a heat wave & I'd love to fill a chill in the air right about now! Have a lovely Sunday...Susie

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Warmest September since they started recording in 1872! The cooldown is here today and for the week, but it has been lovely all month! Blowing some coolness down south for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, great picture of the cake...I feel kind of stupid as I was so busy eating that delicious cake, I didn't realize it was a hat!!! Yes, it was fun....a good bunch of kids...they had fun. Those mosquitoes just about carried us away though...but the weather was just unheard of and we were grateful we could stay outside (after Vic, my husband, went and bought mosquitoe fogging spray). Sometimes you welcome chemicals-lol.

Marilyn said...

How the heck did I get to be anonymous? I never want to be that-LOL-well, maybe sometimes.........
You know it's your big sistahhh! You know the older but wiser one-haha! Forgot to tell you that you did a great job on those pendants. She loved them...poor kid, she said she was depressed on Sunday and couldn't figure out why. Probably was kind of anticlimatic (sp?) after planning this party for three years, now she's got to get down to real life as an almost adult. Luv yu 2! Marilyn in case it makes me anonymous again!

Lucy - By the Hill said...

LOL! Well you are Marilyn again, but no picture! You are still pictured on my google friends? Go figure! Glad she loved the pendants and I guess it would be most anticlimactic (sp?) but she'll soon get over it. The party was SWELL (quite a common description in the diary of a 1919 sixteen year old!

Laurie said...

Awesome picture's, it was a nice evening. I didn't realize you had given those audrey related dominoe's to Rhianne. Beautiful...