Saturday, May 8, 2010

Woohoo! Garage Sales Were Great Today ~treasures!~

There were alot of sales this morning, the most there has been so far. I started off early, planning to be home by 10:00 at the latest, but I kept going on and on, lots of signs!
Finally gave it up when I started hitting a string of bad ones!
But I was happy, happy!!

Look at all my treasures!

I should have taken more of those plates! So pretty and at 50 cents each!.....Got some nice pink doilies, one is little dimensional teacups and saucers around the edge of it! I'll show you when I get it washed up. Got that crochet white tablecloth that's underneath everything too!....perfect condition and just beautiful and lacey!
 
I think that's a Wilendur red rose tablecloth, no label, but it's huge, 15 panels of roses! Some bits of jewellery and a cute country ironstone pitcher, a little petit point rose picture.....I get so excited when I start unloading and looking at my haul! Sometimes I've forgotten already what I've bought!!
 
The teapot will go on Ebay, I don't like shipping china but this one should be worthwhile. It's a good one!
 
Couldn't resist this pup! Heavy!! Don't know if he's an old one or not, but he'll keep me company until I take him to an antique sale I go into in a couple of weeks.
 
This great big picture is sooo unique!! Probably 50's and a view of a plant filled windowsill with the other side being a winter day with snow covered spruce trees and bluejay and cardinal and a couple of other birds flitting around in the yard!
 
Wish I had a place for it.......I just love it! Well, it will go to the sale....sigh....
 
Taa daah!! Really OLD,and heavy for its size.....a child's wicker chair. I can see it's been painted a couple of times........Really great condition, it will go to the sale....a few years back I would have kept ALL of what I picked up today, but.......gotta be good....downsize, downsize!
 
There's that cute little guy again, and he's sitting on 2 old hooked mats, with labels from Quebec.........for ebay....
 
For me! A fluffy, like new vintage wool blanket in a cream color, not too big, I'm going to use it as a throw in the bedroom.
It's now time to get to work on a project I had intended on getting at this morning. Hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway below!
...and HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL MOM'S OUT THERE!

12 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG you should have bought all of the plates. I do china mosaics and that would have been the hit of the day. The Wilendur table cloth! Well I figure that would have made me faint. I love thrifting posts!

Debby said...

WOW!! You had a fabulous day. I love all your pretties, the plates are gorgeous.
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Debby

Lynn Stevens said...

Boy you really hit the jackpot today!

Thanks so much for entering my giveaway and posting on your blog. Best of luck
Lynn

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Yayyyyyy...What a GREAT lot of finds....LOVE the china, hooked pieces & the Wilendur tablecloth....** sigh ** I SO WISH we had Wilendur here....I have a couple that I've bought from the US via eBay though so I can't complain....!!

Have a GREAT week....!

Cheers from Australia,
Tamarah :o)

VS said...

OMG...you found the Mothelode! {how appropriate on Mother's Day}
Your sweet to friend...
I hope you & your family have a GLORIOUS Mother's Day Friend!!!
Hugs,
Susie

Lisa Macomber said...

I NEVER find stuff like that at garage sales...even estate sales. You scored bigtime!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I wish I had gone garage sale-ing with you yesterday. I'm gonna leave your entry in my giveaway even though I said US only. I don't mind shipping to Canada.

Unknown said...

Do you mind if I ask a question? How do you get three columns on blogspot? I've seen several & really like that layout but don't see it as a choice when I try to reorganize my layout.

Thanks! --here's what my blog looks like now:

http://KeepinUpWithTheTatums.blogspot.com

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Lucy, Wow, did you ever find some beautiful things at the sales! I just love going to sales too and like you I am so excited going through everything I bought when I get home! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I always love to hear from you sweet friend!
Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs & Love, Carol Anne

p.s. I also wanted to tell you I just love your "Innocence" & "Sew Pretty" digital collages, they are
absolutely gorgeous!!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a terrific haul!! Those roses plates are awesome!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy! What a great time at the sales - you seem to come up with these wonderous things! I would not know what to look for! Very nice!!!

Sherry said...

I love to go to garage sales but I never seem to do so well. I guess some people have the knack or the ey for finding great deals. I did buy 2 lovely plates at Goodwill the other day for $1.50 each. You founds som great things.