Monday, May 31, 2010

I had to wade through knee deep water for garage sale finds this weekend!

........but did I score! I went out in the pouring rain on Saturday morning, as there was a community sale at a gated 55plus condo development not far from me. They hold it once a year and I usually pick up a couple of things, not too much. Well.............it was well worth wading through knee deep water with my shoes on to get what I got!
 
Believe it or not there were alot of people at this community garage sale event. I took the above picture on a little strip that were no sales, but the cars were lined up along the street wherever there were garage doors open!
I got my feet wet when I crossed the road to this sale...........I was in there for about 10 minutes and it started raining buckets! The drainage couldn't keep up and the water was a foot deep across the road  so what was a girl to do?...........just walk through it to the car!
Shoes, jeans, up to the knees.
I DIDN'T CARE, I WAS SKY HIGH ON WHAT I GOT AT THAT PARTICULAR SALE!
Other enthusiastic and hardy garage salers were taking off their shoes and rolling up their pants to get into the sales! It was only in the odd area that it was bad like that, but it was contiunally pouring rain, so not much chance of staying dry!
I continued on and 2 more sales I also was on a high when I took my goodies to the car.
I looked like a drowned rat when I got home but I was loaded!
MORE  jewellery, rhinestones galore!
awesome china, even chintz!
linens!
old lidded picnic basket
beautiful old print in fab gesso frame
I will post pictures probably tomorrow, the rest of the weekend was busy, busy, and yesterday was the last day of the antique sale, so I have to unload the car yet, and I am in a real mess in the house.
Spread out all over the place.......gotta start putting away and cleaning up.
Watch for my finds, and enjoy your Memorial Day holiday, all of you in the USA!

4 comments:

VS said...

Hey Friend,
You are brave, but what a great day of wonderful finds for you!Can't wait to see some...keep your feet dry!
Smiles,
Susie

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

WOW that's some WILD garage saling weather you endured there Lucy....hahahaha....The THINGS we do for Treasures.... :o) !!!

I can't wait to see what you scored....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Susan HP said...

Love your beautiful blog & your garage sale escapade.
Isn't it wonderful to score? :)

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Lucy ! you are soooo lucky to find all these treasures in garage sales ! here I sometimes go to flea markets, strolling there is a so cool moment ! have a great weekend :)