Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Garage Sale Finds! I am so excited!!!!

Would you believe  2 of them! Both were wearing a pinned on black bandana, sitting on the driveway, I almost missed them!!! I have an antique dress form but she's a little bulky (I'll say!) to take to a craft show and you can't sit her on a dresser, so I've always wanted one of these, not vintage, but sooo nice!
My sister has been wanting a dress form, but I knew she'd love one of these and so I got the two of them
$5.00 each wooooooopeeeeeeee!!
The couple had closed up a gift shop and were getting rid of their inventory. I'm going back tomorrow morning, they have one more a little bigger, I'll check it out!
Adorable little old chippy country stool......it will go to the sale I'm in, but those garden markers are going in my garden! So cute!

 

........no linens this afternoon, but I got these which I'm very excited over getting......framed vintage petitpoint pictures! The 2 medium sized ones have damaged frames, but the others are perfect and so sweet! I'll be putting them on Ebay.....I just love 'em but can't keep 'em!

I didn't go this morning as planned, good thing......even when I left around 1.00 I kept seeing signs but they didn't start til 4:00 pm! Was getting frustrating til my first sale that was open brought me those half mannequins, or what ever they're called.

I'm a happy camper! Hoping I'm on a string of good luck! There are many times on a Saturday morning I can drive around for 2 hours and come home with 1 or 2 mediocre items that I didn't really want, but just had to satisfy the urge, ya know what I mean?

Wish me luck for tomorrow! I'll be out the door early!...and a 50th wedding anniversary come and go to attend in the afternoon too! (different end of town, maybe I can hit a couple of sales on the way?) Good luck to all of you this weekend! Love seeing and hearing about your finds!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway a couple posts down!

9 comments:

Doni said...

Waaaaaaa, I can't see your pictures! I'll try it again later! Sure want to see your goodies!!
Doni

The Polka Dot Closet said...

i can't wait to see what you got at the garage sale, but the pictures are not coming thru for me. there is just a box with a question mark. I have tried it on 2 different Internet sites? I will check back! It is probably just on my end!

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Good thing I checked back, the pics showed on my pc but didn't upload properly??? Had to upload again. OK.....ready!

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, amazing treasures. I have been trying to track down a dress form for years. Fingers are crossed I will stumble upon one..
Love your blog.
Debby

VS said...

Hi Friend,
Home from the hospital for a couple days, my sister is there & then I go back Mon. but just soooo happy to be home! What great finds you had...I love the half dress forms & the chippy bench, I WANT it!!!! Have fun playing with your goodies...
Smiles,
Susie

Doni said...

YaY Lucy!!! I can see now! What GREAT finds you got!!!!! I'm so jealous...those dress forms are awesome! And so are the petit point pics...wow! I need to go with you!!! Have a great weekend, and blessings! Doni

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hello Lucy.... :o) !!

LOVE your little green stool....What a BRILLIANT find that was for you & the two little dress forms are BRILLIANT....I'm SO ENVIOUS of your Friday Garage Sales....We only have them on the weekends here.... ** sigh ** I sometimes feel like I'm living in the dark ages....WHEN will it catch on here....hahahaha....??!

Have a GREAT week....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Wow, such beautiful treasures Lucy! You have been having the best luck at the sales...the doilies in your previous post are so beautiful too!
Have a great week~
Hugs & Love, Carol Anne

Ginny said...

Those dress forms are amazing, I need something like that for ebay!