Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A quick post


Wow! This last few days have been too hectic for my old body and brain! Just stuff! A combination of different things happening that has me spinning around in circles it seems. I'm on overload, LOL!! I have lots to blog about and will catch up when I can.
So, just so I don't feel like I'm not blogging at all, here are a few pictures I took. The first one I took today from my bedroom window, so glad I have a new camera with a longer zoom!!


At the back of the yard in the bit of bush, almost above where we sit by the firepit, there is a huge wasp nest way up high in the branches of a tree! I could see something there once most of the leaves were gone, and wasn't sure if it was a birds nest or a wasp nest!..........Today, enough leaves were gone to see it and yes, it's a big wasp nest! We usually find one each fall somewhere around the yard, but never this high up!

Coming around the corner into our development on my way home the other day, the sky filled with hundreds of geese.... what a noise too! I stopped to take a some pictures and also of some that had been sitting by the road at the edge of the field when I left home a couple of hours before, and were still quite contented to sit there until I got back!

They were not in the least bit interested in joining the geese that were flying above.  I took these pics after the flock had flown over. I took quite a few, but I'm not going to bore you, lol!!



2 comments:

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Lucy, These are such wonderful pictures...I have never seen so many geese flying together like this before, really amazing!

Wow, you have been creating such fabulous digital art since my last visit, you are so talented...love your work!

I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and always leaving such sweet & lovely comments. I am always so happy to hear from you!
Hugs, Carol Anne

VS said...

You know I always LOVE your photos...they're my favorite! Remember the movie about the little duck that needed to learn to fly? I can't remember the name but that's what all these lovely geese remind me of. Thanks for your sweet comment & I know soon you'll be making your own banner & I can't wait to see it!!!