Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fun with digital collage


I finally broke down and bought Photoshop Elements version 8, so I can do some digital collage work, just for fun. I enrolled in an online class to help me along as it can be very confusing using such a complex program! I'm sure having fun!! (and wasting more time than I should, playing!) Playing with a whole lot of layers, erasing backgrounds from a picture so you can use just part of it (the little girl below), hunting for images, you can get lost for hours!! Anyway, the above was something that just sort of happened that I liked, even though there are only a few layers. I started out with more, but they ended up getting buried somehow and I like the way it looked so .......there ya go! I would like to touch it up some, but afraid I'll end up losing what I've already got, so will go back at it when I've learned more.


This evolved from a challenge posted on Art Freebies.........the image given was of the suitcases, you have to make something with the image. I had a few things going, but ended up with this, which is fairly simple in the digital world, but kept me busy for quite a while.
I am now going to sit down and watch a chick flick! I haven't watched tv lately at all and there is actually a good movie on right away!

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

As the guy on LaughIn used to say...verrrry interesting!!! Luv it!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Lucy, I want to thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving your beautiful and heartfelt words...they mean so very much to me. I am sorry to hear about your Mom...I will keep both of you in my prayers.

I just love the digital art you have been creating! This is something I have always wanted to learn but I don't have photoshop elements, only psp. I guess I will have to break down and get the program too! :) Are you taking the online class over at Creative Workshops?

Have a beautiful day...Blessings to you.
Hugs, Carol Anne

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Thanks for stopping in to comment and yes I am taking the Collage class at Creative Workshops. Really a great class, step by step, teaching lots of ways to use Photoshop programs. I highly recommend it!
Hope you have a great day too!

Laurie said...

Lucille, you have been busy...awesome pic's!! It sue can be confusing using layer's and all. I have tried here and there, but it sure requires alot of time! Good for you sticking with it...

VS said...

Lucy, you are learning so fast!!! I love both of these digital piece. PS is just so about the layers. The layers give you a chance to do things you could never do before...I just love that! Good work...Susie :)

Susan McCarrell said...

Lovely work, Lucille! Do you happen to have access to a picture of a side view of a horse - b/w? Looking for one...for my mixed media painting - I'll keep looking here... have a great day!