Saturday, December 5, 2009

Soartful Challenge Home for the Holidays


I hope you like my entry for Soartful Challenges theme this week which is Home for the Holidays. I like to think that this young lady has just arrived home for Christmas in the country after being away from her family, becoming highly successful at her job in the big city. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
I played and played with the layers and colors and finally decided on this. I have so much to learn in my program and sometimes get hung up for 20 minutes on one little thing I've forgotten how to do!! I do love it though and look forward to learning more and more techniques.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and don't wear yourself out Christmas shopping!

7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

So charming! I love it!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful piece, Lucy!

Jeanette said...

Did you hear the big 'Ahhh' that I said when I saw this. Absolutely stunning. I love how you attached a story to your picture. The red is perfect....the lighter colors take on a beautiful glow.

Thanks for being Soartful.

Jeanette

VS said...

This is so wonderful Lucy, I love the overall red...you are getting sooooo good with YOUR Photoshop Super Powers!! It's snowing like crazy right now & I totally have cabin fever & it's only been snowing for about 12 hours...I'm going to be crackers in Feb. LOL Stay Warm, Susie ;)

VS said...

Greetings Friend,
I have a little surprise for you over at my blog...hope you like it! ;)

VS said...

I tried another, see if you like it better or if it fits better...this is my 1st 3 column experience! :)

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is beautiful!