Thursday, November 26, 2009

New tree stamp for domino pendants


I just last week received a couple of new stamps I ordered, I was just sooo wanting to do some bare branched trees! I had some inked backgrounds waiting. What do you think? I just love the look! There are also a few others I thought I'd share with you that I like....the smaller squarish ones are made with rummy tiles.....rummikub tiles?

These were a few I dropped off yesterday at the consignment shop......I had saved a picture that I found somewhere on the interenet quite awhile ago of a domino mounted on a card. I figured it out and for the shop I mount them as they are more easily displayed. The ones I make into pins I  pin onto the outside of a little organza bag. When they are hung, they sit nice and display well.
One of the many things I'm up to these days! Have to go out this evening to a surprise 40th anniversary party. I have to go dig around in my closet now for something to wear.
Hope all of you USA people are enjoying your holiday today.
Bye for now!


UPDATE

MY FINGERS ARE INKY!
but I love how these turned out!!

8 comments:

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Ohhhhh Lucy these are absolutely stunning, I truly love them!!! THey look gorgeous how you have them displayed too!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving your sweet comment dear friend. I always love to hear from you!!
Blessings to you always~
Love & Hugs, Carol Anne

VS said...

Oh Lucy, these are all so delightful!!! I love the new bare tree stamp. I've never stamped on any of my dominos before, but I would love to try sometime. It looks like you use alcohol ink as the background, which is what I do too...but just now I'm having a hard time making myself make them. This sounds so silly but I don't want to get my fingers dirty...isn't that nutty!! LOL

lorhen82 said...

Lucy, these are just gorgeous! I love them all!!! ~Lori

Betty said...

wow!! love your domino pendants. They are beautiful!!

Chris Arlington said...

Fantabulous! Just gorgeous. I like rummikubs too because they are so light weight. But both of yours are gorgeous.

Jester said...

Lucy, these are so beautiful! I amsure their wearers will love them.
One question, how do you afix the link at the top for the chain to go through?

Lucy - By the Hill said...

I use these bails and E6000 glue. Thanks for your lovely comments!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AANRAKU-BAILS-75-Medium-Silver-Plated-Pendant-Bails_W0QQitemZ330357264326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cead3cfc6

Jester said...

Thanks for the info about the bails, Lucy.