Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soartful Challenge Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries

 
A fun theme this week at Soartful Challenges! I used the vintage cherries background (googled), the lady and grunge from Lisa's Altered Art, and some added effects. I always want to keep going but "less is more" usually is the case. It was fun and didn't take me forever like some that I get into, LOL!!

I've not been a very faithful blogger lately, too wrapped up in my snowbird life here in Arizona! Garage saled yesterday until it started raining! We retreated to a mall, found some bargains, so happily headed for home after a nice lunch!
I got into a book I couldn't put down and just had to finish it so actually didn't even turn on the computer til near noon today! It usually gets checked for email, etc first thing in the morning with my first cup of coffee!
Have a great week everyone, hope I'll get back here soon!

oops.......almost forgot to post this picture....I got these great Mardi Gras masks last week at a garage sale....I will take them home to Canada with me and my grandaughter will be delighted with them. I know she'll make her mom and dad each wear one too next Halloween at one of their costume events! $1.00 each, one still had the attached tag and it was 12.00....

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Fabulous cherry entry, Lucy!

Do I ever love those masks, what a deal!

Faye said...

Your lady in the bowl of cherries is a unique interpretation, Lucy! I love cherries and wish they weren't so expensive here. You've used the theme to make a delightful art piece. Well done.

VS said...

Oh Lucy...
What a fun find!!!! I adore the featherd mask & the one with the long chin, Keira is going to have a BLAST with those!
Your cherry art is so cute & clever, the vintage lady sitting on top of the bowl of cherries is delightful, you're getting so good at your digital art!
I want to come visit you in AZ...I'm so jealous. Why can't I be a snowbird, why can't I be a snowbird...why???? It rained all day today & I'm just praying I don't wake up to snow!
Hug a Cactus for me..
Smiles,
Susie

Jeanette said...

Oh, Lucy, this is wonderful. Very nostalgic. Mom had bowls just like the one you pictured. Love it.

The masks are such a fun find. I love to go garage sales.

Thanks for being Soartful this week.

P.S. I live in an area that gets lots of snowbirds. We sure meet some interesting people.

Julia said...

She's for the sure the cherry on top! This is such a creative take on the theme. I love it!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

love your take on the theme would make a great poster ju x

SharDon Exclusives said...

I really really like the way your entry turned out! It is so cheerful and fun and "we get the point" right off.
Great creation.
Sharon

LuLu said...

These masks are fantastic - what a great find for you! You're lucky to get these masks. Thanks for sharing them - the colors are very inspirational!

This is Peace,
LuLu
www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com